Kelling’s Home Inspections of Waverly, IA is your local area home inspector. With summer just around the corner, our home inspector would like to give you a few tips to help you prepare for the months ahead.
We know more than anyone that summer can be a hectic time of year. From family reunions to vacations to keeping the kids busy there is a lot going on during June, July, and August.
Follow these simple tips to ensure that you are prepared for the summer season:
- Empty dehumidifier pans and clean the hoses according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- If possible, take area rugs outside and hang them over a deck or porch rail to air out.
- Close the chimney flue to prevent insects from entering and to help keep cool air in during the months ahead.
- Open windows even on cooler days to get fresh air flowing throughout the home.
- Inspect siding for cracks or other damage and make any needed repairs.
- Have the air conditioning unit serviced to ensure good operation. Promote good air intake by keeping shrubs and plants around the unit trimmed.
- Clear dirt and debris from gutters and eaves.
Kelling’s Home Inspections wishes you a fabulous 2018 summer! Remember we offer home inspection services across the Waverly area including in Waterloo, IA!